The Marramarra Lodge (“the Lodge”) is a privately owned business of the Marramarra Unit Trust.
The purpose of this policy
The Lodge is bound by the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth). The Lodge is committed to complying with the Act and to the protection of personal information that the Lodge hold.
- What personal information the Lodge collect;
- How we collect and use the personal information we collect;
- Your right to access any of your own personal information held by the Lodge;
- Your right to inspect and, where necessary, correct the personal information the we hold for
- Your right to have your privacy complaints investigated and resolved, and
- Your right to have your personal information protected from misuse and unauthorised access.
Scope of the Policy
This policy applies to all personal information collected by the Lodge. It applies to information provided by employees of the Lodge, job applicants, associate members; independent contractors and individuals.
What personal information do the Lodge collect?
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify a person no matter how it is collected or recorded. Personal information is collected by the Lodge from a variety of sources, including when dealing with members, clients or customers, when dealing with individuals, undertaking marketing initiatives, internal administrative and legally required booking information, when recruiting team members and when training individuals.
Where the Lodge collect personal information from you this information may include (but not necessarily be limited to) your name, address, email address, telephone numbers, gender, financial information including credit card and banking information, and other means of personal identification.
How is personal information collected?
Where possible we collect your personal information directly from you. Your information may be collected by the following various means:
- Via an online form on our website (accommodationwww.marramarralodge.com), or
- On our forms, or
- In our discussions with you,
If the information we are seeking is not information you wish to provide, please discuss your concerns with us.
In some circumstances, the Lodge may obtain personal information from a third party. If you provide personal information about another person to the Lodge, we require that you inform that person you have done so and provide them with a copy of this policy.
When dealing with membership, fulfilling your registrations details the Lodge will collect at a minimum the following:
- Name of the contact person or persons making the booking on your behalf or for the company or group;
- Mobile or telephone details
- Residential or Business address and contact details;
- Payment details either credit card or invoice details.
We collect information by phone, in writing (either by email, fax or by letter), and electronically when you register with us through our website, 3rd party website or Travel Agent. We will use this information to meet the requirements of the Fair Trading Act or Liquor License the Lodge may also use this information for product development and marketing purposes.
When using our website, we collect information from you by using a feature of your browser called a cookie to assign your computer a “User ID”. Cookies do not contain information by which the Lodge can identify you. They identify your computer to our servers. You may configure your browser so that you are notified before a cookie is downloaded. The Lodge may use
information contained in cookies to make assumptions about the user of a computer.
When dealing with independent contractors, the Lodge collect the minimum of the following information:
- Business address and contact details;
- Insurance details, and
- Rate and fees.
The Lodge collect this information by phone and in writing (either by fax, email or letter). We use this information to ensure that independent contractors are able to perform work on behalf of the Lodge in a safe and lawful manner.
When dealing with job applicants, the Lodge collect the minimum of the following information:
- Address and contact details
- Occupation and occupational/career history
- Qualifications/ training courses completed
The Lodge collect this information in the course of job interviews, telephone discussions, reference checks and in writing. This information is used to assess the suitability of applicants for a position. In the event that the job application is rejected the Lodge may keep the information to use in the event that an appropriate vacancy arises. If you do not want us to keep this information, please inform us in writing, and the information will be destroyed.
How do we use the information you provide?
We will not use your personal information for any purpose that is not related to the primary purpose for which it is collected and for the other secondary purposes that are related to the primary purpose of collection. We will not use your personal information for any purposes for which you would not reasonably expect us to use your personal information.
Your personal information may be used for:
- The delivery of products and services that you have requested;
- Provision of further information about the products and services you requested;
- Personalise and customise your experiences with the Lodge
- To enable the Lodge to manage and handle its service provision
- In communications with you;
- For administration purposes, including charging, billing, collection of debts, and
- To promote and market other products and services of the Lodge which we consider may be of interest to you, and
- For internal administrative and election matters.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate and up to-date. If your personal information is not accurate, or your details have changed, you can call us on 0435891111 to update your personal information.
What happens if you choose not to provide us with your personal information?
You are not obliged to give us your personal information. If you would like to access any of our services on an anonymous basis we will take all reasonable steps to comply with your request. However, if you choose not to provide us with your personal details, such as your name or address, the range of options available to you or the organisation that is a member of the Lodge may be limited. For example, we may not be able to provide the full range of services or allow you or your organisation to participate in activities, functions, tours, events, or successfully deliver any products and services that you have purchased from us.
When do we disclose your personal information?
We guarantee that we will not sell your personal information to a third party.
For the purposes referred to in this policy, we may disclose your personal information to external organisation including:
- Outsourced service providers who manage some of the services that we bring to you;
- Our professional advisors including our accountants, auditors and lawyers, and
- Related companies and entities
How can you access your personal information?
Security of your information
We will take all reasonable steps to secure your personal information. Electronic information is protected by various security measures and access to information and databases is restricted by password protection and physical security measures.
Destruction of personal information
In the event that you have opted to have your personal information not kept by the Lodge, it will be destroyed. Electronic information will be removed from computer files kept by the Lodge, and hard copy information will be shredded. All requests for the destruction of information must be made in writing to the General Manager, accompanied with proof of identity, before the destruction of any documents or removal of computer files can take place.
Privacy and Data Consent
- This information is collected by Marramarra Lodge to facilitate the provision of a product or service. Failure to provide this information to Marramarra Lodge is likely to prevent Marramarra Lodge from being able to offer you the product or service. Should you wish to, you can access the information you provide to Marramarra Lodge by contacting the Lodge. Marramarra Lodge may from time to time use external service providers but will not disclose personal information you provide to any other organisations or individuals, unless required or authorised by law to do so or unless you consent to the disclosure. Marramarra Lodge does not generally provide personal information to overseas parties.
- You acknowledge that the Marramarra Lodge requires access to current data in order to effectively represent, and advocate on behalf of the industry and therefore upon payment of the room rate, you consent to the Independent Liquor and Gaming Authority (or other applicable Government Agency) releasing the necessary liquor revenue, profit and tax information to the Lodge for the purpose of compiling industry statistics and other internal purposes relevant to the provision of services to you by the Lodge.
If you have a complaint about any of our privacy practices, please contact our General Manager, Brendan Millett in writing at, firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at PO Box 44, Brooklyn NSW 2083. Complaints will be handled in accordance with the Marramarra Lodge Complaints Policy, which you may request a copy of from us at anytime during business hours.
General Manager, Brendan Millett in writing at, email@example.com or by post at PO Box 44, Brooklyn NSW 2083.
Lodge: 0435891111 or firstname.lastname@example.org